Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sorry for the long dry spell!

Hello friends & sorry for the long dry spell with no posting from me!  Life has been busy & hectic!

I am still loving my sleeve although the past 2 months I have hit a stall & have not lost anything!  I know it is mainly my own fault though as I have been having a bit too many carbs in my diet.  Still higher protein & veggies, but bringing those carbs back in a little bit & that will do it!

So no gain, but no loss.

I have lost 48lbs altogether, which I am proud of.  My weight is at around 204, give or take 2lbs lately!

I am very excited that I have signed up for a fitness & weight losss challenge at my gym/health club though!  It begins on January 7th and I think it will get me motivated to get back on track with my eating habits, as well as start excercising 2-3 times a week.

For the challenge I have to complete 3 of 5 activities given to me each week. 

For example the first week I have chosen to do a BodyPump class (sounds like exercises using free weights for toning, doesn't sound too bad!), 3 supersets of biceps & triceps (3 sets of reps without breaks inbetween, that is going to kill me!), then 45 mins on the treadmill (that shouldn't be a problem).

I opted to skip the break dancing class... yes that really was one of the activities you could choose!  Even though my husband said I should do it, as long as I got a video of myself doing it.  Yeah, very funny!

This challenge runs for 8 weeks & you earn points for completing the activities each week, plus for weighing in each week.  At the end the points are converted into entries for prizes.  Plus there are prizes for the top 3 male & female weight loss achievers.

I did also read the rules very carefully & nowhere did it mention you could not have weight loss surgery.  As I would have felt bad doing it if that were in the rules somewhere.

As always, I appreciate any comments, or questions & will do my best to answer you.  Thanks for sticking by me, even when I haven't been posting!  I promise to get better at that this year & will also let you know how the challenge at my gym is going too.

I have a feeling I am going to be exhausted the first week!  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you and congrats on your success Sharon! I enjoy your blog. It helps keep me excited for my own visit to Dr. Kelly 3/28. Not much about him on VST anymore unfortunately.Lots of other docs dominating the boards nowadays and Omar has gone with Dr. Illan. Post when u can, enjoy the new u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Body pump is awesome! It's like choreographed weight lifting. If you're not used to any weight lifting, be prepared to hurt! I used to go to body pump a couple times a week before surgery. I went last week for the first time in a year. Though I modified and did light weights, etc., it kicked my butt! I realized that during my loss, I've also list a kit if muscle. But it's still a great class, head to toe!

    ReplyDelete