Thursday, May 24, 2012

2 weeks post-op

Just thought I should give you all an update on how I am doing.  I am now 14 days post op & have lost 15.8lbs.  A little slower than I was hoping for, but I seem to have hit a small stall this week!

I am thinking my stall is because I started adding protein shakes last weekend.  I think that extra milk & protein is taking my body some time to adjust to.

My incisions are healing super well, almost completely gone.

Been doing some walking outside, nothing too much though, only for about 15 mins at a time.  Hoping to get into the gym soon to try the elliptical machine.

Had support group meeting last night, which is always nice.  It is held at a local weight loss center & is open to anyone that has had weight loss surgery.  They talked about alcohol sugars & how they are bad for you.  So have to look for sorbitol on ingredients now.  Nutritionist there said it can cause pain, dizziness & diarrhea.

Still feeling fantastic mentally & physically, so happy about that!

As always any questions just ask!

4 comments:

  1. What protein shakes are you having?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the Chike nutrition shakes the best. I have banana & strawberry, both are really good & I miss them with 8oz of skim milk.

    Also have the EAS advantage chocolate shake, which I bought from BJs wholesale club. It is good, just prefer the chike. But the EAS is ready to drink, so good for if you are on the go.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I just tried some of the Chike shakes and they ARE good. They taste a lot better than most of them do! Are you tolerating them OK at this point??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, tolerating the protein drinks fine, mixed with skim milk. I have them for breakfast every morning & sometimes for lunch too.

    ReplyDelete