Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Leaving Tijuana & flight home.

Cecy told me to be up & ready by 6am, in case we had to leave the hotel that early.  So I was up early, just watching TV & waiting.  Omar called me to let me know Cecy would be there around 8am.  She showed up around 8.15am & we left for the border.

The line was very long for the border crossing to the USA, very different to coming the other way, there was no line coming into Mexico.

It was fun though as there were different people walking in between the lines of cars, trying to sell products.  Either newspapers, churros, fruit cut up.  Even someone running around, taking orders for coffee/tea drinks!  Cecy ordered a latte from one & off he went running, then brought it back, about 20 minutes later, when we had moved down a bit closer.  There was also men cleaning cars on the way, so Cecy got the van cleaned off & gave them some money for that.

Finally we got to the border & pulled up to the guard.  Had to show our passports (was not necessary on the way into Mexico!), and he asked if he could look in the van.  Saw my bag & asked if I was coming back from a procedure, so I said yes.  Asked if I had any prescription drugs & I said yes.  Then asked what kind of drugs I had, so told him antibiotics & he told me "and you have paperwork for all of that right?"  So I told him yes.  Then we got our passports back & off we went.

From there it was a short drive to the airport.  Got there at 10.30pm, so took just over 2hrs to get across the border to the airport on a monday morning.  Normally if there was no traffic it would only be 30 minutes!  Just long lines at the border.

So said my goodbyes to Cecy, she was off then to pick up another patient from a San Diego hotel.

I went in to check in for my flight.  Was hoping there would be room left in business class to upgrade, but no such luck, it was a full flight.  I would recommend upgrading if there is room & it isn't too expensive. 

Security check was fine & easy, then off to my boarding gate.  Flight was a little late taking off, but once we were up in the air it was a smooth flight.  I got apple juice on the flight to drink, but only drank about 2/3 of a cup altogether & my tummy felt full!

I will say I do find it hard to tell when I am hungry & when I am full.  But it started to feel a tiny bit uncomfortable, that when I took a sip it was just hurting a tiny tiny bit.  So figured it meant I was full & stopped.

As a guide Omar told me you should drink 2-4 oz.  If you are drinking 6oz then he said you have to start worrying.

Landing just had a tiny bit of turbulence, coming into Philadlelphia as there was light rain & lots of clouds.  But landed fine.

Then spotted my hubby & my 2 girls waiting for me!!!  Girls ran up, they were so excited to see me!  Of course hubby was happy to see me too.  Was nice to be reunited.

Drive home was easy & was in my bed by about 11.30pm EST.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,

    Was just reading your blog....I could have been posting the exact same blog, almost word for word! I am the patient Cecey was picking up after she dropped you at the airport! And thank you VERY VERY much for the Gas-X strips. I went into about 8 different pharmacies in San Diego to buy them and no one had them (I'm from Canada, and we don't have the strips in Canada).

    I post on VerticalSleeveTalk as Webchickadee. Glad to hear you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    Really enjoying your blog, and webchickadees too. I follow a couple of others from VST as well. I noticed u had surgery on Thurs, left on Tues. Im trying to figure out how many days Ill be gone..when to book flights ect...is it 2 nights un hospital, 2 nights in hotel? Im a little confused. Trying to plan trip so my mom can go with me and work plan. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my blog, happy you enjoy it! Yes, you have 2 nights in the hospital, then 2 nights in the hotel (with Dr Kelly). Hope they helps & good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete